Local Top Choice for Professional Plumbers
Domestic water repiping is simply the process of refitting the existing plumbing or pipes in your home or business. Fortunately, we have all of the tools and expertise to perform reliable repiping services in Livermore.
Contact our plumbing experts to learn more about our services!
The primary reason why repiping may be necessary for you is that many older structures were fitted with galvanized pipes when they were constructed. As galvanized pipes age, their zinc lining erodes, resulting in a variety of problems. We use a combination of PEX and copper pipe and fittings to achieve the most efficient, cost effective and least invasive repipe possible.
Some of the problems that old galvanized pipes experience include:
- Reduced water pressure: If you begin to experience a consistent loss of water pressure, it may be attributed to the degradation of galvanized pipes. This reduced pressure can be recognized in any of the plumbing appliances that you use, from faucets to clothes washers
- Discolored tap water: When galvanized pipes begin to rust, that rust is passed through your water. Brown or rusty water is a clear indication that it’s time to replace your pipes
- A foul odor coming from your faucets: If your water hasn’t changed colors, but your faucets regularly smell, you should have our professionals at R.B. Travis, Inc Plumbing inspect your Livermore plumbing systems for rust and erosion
- Frequent leaks: While leaky pipes don’t always signify a need for repiping, it’s still best to have our certified plumbers inspect your system to ensure that it’s still safe
This is why we urge our customers to replace their galvanized pipes once they begin to erode. If your home or business was constructed with galvanized piping, get in touch with us to schedule a thorough inspection. We can provide you with honest advice if any repiping or repairs are needed. If you are not totally sure if you have a leak problem, our team of professionals will perform water leak detection to determine what kind of problem you are facing.
What Makes Water Pipes Squeal
Generally, a squealing water pipe is caused by one of the following:
- Loose or worn down parts in the faucet
- Old ballcock valve in a toilet
- High water pressure
- Mineral build up on the pipes
If you are hearing squealing after you flush the toilet, you probably need to replace your ballcock valve. If you hear it when you run the faucet, you probably have loose screws that need to be tightened or a worn washer that needs to be replaced. Another possibility is that your water pressure is too high, or you may have mineral buildup on your pipes.
Reap the Benefits for Years to Come
Some of the advantages of our domestic water repiping services include:
- The material is lightweight
- It’s safe
- It does not rust, so you’ll never have to experience rusty water again
It’s easy to see that the combination of PEX and copper far outweighs other competitive piping products and can help you maintain the longevity of your residential or commercial space.
Contact R.B. Travis, Inc.at (925) 275-5524 today! We are the team of reliable plumbers to call for your Livermore plumbing services.
“Very professional staff and plumbers. They did an excellent job on my meter box/sidewalk keeping everything nice and clean after the job was done.”- Marcel D
AN EXCELLENT REPUTATION
R.B. Travis, Inc Plumbing has a superb standing with the Better Business Bureau.
WE AIM TO PLEASE!
Our team strives to serve every customer beyond satisfaction.
SECOND TO NONE SERVICE
We take pride in providing high-quality services at competitive prices.
REAL DEAL CONTRACTORS
Our plumbers are licensed, bonded, and insured to handle your every need.