Your Go-To Plumber for Leak Repair in Alameda County
Although a small leak may not seem like a big problem, any leaking water should be addressed as quickly as possible in order to prevent a small problem from becoming a major issue.
If you come across large puddling of water in your front yard and you suspect a water leak, but where to locate the leak?
The most common two places are:
- In your irrigation system.
- Between your water meter and the shutoff valve in the main service line.
Causes of Water Leaks
Water leaks can have several possible causes, such as excessive water pressure, loose connectors, pipe corrosion, damaged joints, and tree root intrusion. Hidden leaks can be difficult to detect, but there are some signs that can indicate a water leak. These include hearing sounds of water running when the water is turned off, noticing that your water bill has suddenly increased, or mold growth.
How to Find a Water Leak
If you suspect you may be dealing with a water leak in Livermore, CA, or the surrounding areas, take the right steps now to determine if that's the case so you can help prevent potentially more serious and costlier damages to your home.
Get the answers you need to make the right decision moving forward, whether that's realizing nothing is wrong or confirming that you are in fact experiencing a leak.
Here's a quick rundown on how to find a water leak:
- Keep an eye on your water bill for unexplained or sudden increases
- Shut off all faucets and appliances, and see if your meter sill changes
- Check your lawn for areas where grass is greener or growing faster
- Look for puddles around the bases of sinks, tubs, and other fixtures
- Drop food coloring in your toilet and see if it appears in the bowl
- Inspect for yellowish or brownish stains on your walls or ceilings
- Listen for running or dripping water when plumbing fixtures are off
- Keep musty or moldy smells on your radar and consider them red flags
- Make note of low or zero water pressure when other fixtures are off
- Closely examine different areas of your home for mold or mildew growth
Locating & Repairing the Leak
When leaks occur in an exposed pipe, such as under a sink, finding the leak is easy. However, leaks often occur under concrete slabs or floors, behind walls, or you may have a water line leak running from the street to your home.
Locating the source of the leak, especially with water lines, is important to prevent serious damage. Water leaks can provide a place for mold to grow and a leak can cause structural damage if not addressed quickly.
Our plumbers are equipped to detect virtually any leak, even those that are located:
- Under floors
- Under the foundation
- Behind walls
- In the concrete slab upon which your home rests
- In underground service lines
Protecting Your Property from Major Damage
We use high-quality detection equipment for all of our water leak services. This allows us to identify the source of the problem without causing additional damage to your building or landscape. Once the leak has been located, our Livermore plumbers work quickly to fix the leak and restore the integrity of your plumbing system.
“Very professional staff and plumbers. They did an excellent job on my meter box/sidewalk keeping everything nice and clean after the job was done.”- Marcel D
AN EXCELLENT REPUTATION
R.B. Travis, Inc Plumbing has a superb standing with the Better Business Bureau.
WE AIM TO PLEASE!
Our team strives to serve every customer beyond satisfaction.
SECOND TO NONE SERVICE
We take pride in providing high-quality services at competitive prices.
REAL DEAL CONTRACTORS
Our plumbers are licensed, bonded, and insured to handle your every need.