Reliable 24-Hour Emergency Replacement in the Bay Area
R.B. Travis can provide fast and reliable water heater repair or installation for your home or business. If you’re in the market for a water heater in Livermore, our plumbing experts can provide a few tips on how to choose the water heating system that best fits your needs.
“Very professional staff and plumbers. They did an excellent job on my meter box/sidewalk keeping everything nice and clean after the job was done.”- Marcel D
If you keep running out of hot water in the middle of your shower, or if your water simply won't get hot at all, you may need to call for water heater repair.
Keep an eye out for the following signs your water heater needs repair:
- Water leaking from tank - if you notice water leaking from the tank it's important to call for 24/7 repair straight away before the leak becomes larger.
- No hot water - this is one of the most obvious signs that something is awry with your hot water heater. If your water doesn't last through your full shower or won't get warm at all, there might be something wrong with a heating element on your conventional water heater.
- Rust-colored water - if you notice rust colored water coming out of your taps the inside of your tank may be damaged. Sediment can also build up inside the tank so it's important to schedule a water heater flush at least once a year!
- Strange noises - it's normal for your water heater to make noises when it's running, but if you notice loud banging or clanging outside of the realm or normal, we advise you to get your heater inspected by a professional to make sure no further damage happens to the unit.
Choose Savings with Your Next Water Heater
Choosing the right conventional water heater can save you a lot of money. New gas water heaters are designed for all the new Green Emission Regulations. They are extremely energy efficient, with built in insulation for maximum R-Value, and are Ultra Low Nox emissions. The brands we use and recommend carry a 6-Year Factory Warranty and have worry free Warranty Programs in place.
Electric, Hybrid and Tankless models are also alternatives, our knowledgeable staff can assist you in making the right decision for your hot water needs.
Advantages of Electric Water Heaters
Electric water heaters with 9 to 12-year warranties typically have components, such as:
- Larger heating elements
- Thicker insulation
- Bulky corrosion-fighting anodes that can cut down your long-term water heating costs
If you currently have an old gas or oil water heater, replacing it with an electric hybrid water heater can save you up to $325 annually.
When Size Does Not Matter: Go Hybrid
Hybrid water heaters can be a great alternative to traditional models. Their main draw being the massive advantage in energy efficiency. However, their size and requirements can pose problems during the replacement process. Some models can stand as tall as seven feet and require up to 1,000 cubic feet of space in order to absorb enough heat from the air. Get in touch with our knowledgeable Livermore plumbers if you are interested in hybrid models.
For Tankless: Factor in the Winter Cold
In terms of space, a tankless water heater is the exact opposite of a hybrid water heater. The average tankless water heater is extremely compact and are often mounted on a wall. In terms of limitations, cooler ground-water temperatures can negatively impact your unit’s efficiency and output. Have one of our R.B. Travis professionals use the lowest ground-water temperature to determine the type of equipment that you need.
AN EXCELLENT REPUTATION
R.B. Travis Plumbing has a superb standing with the Better Business Bureau.
WE AIM TO PLEASE!
Our team strives to serve every customer beyond satisfaction.
SECOND TO NONE SERVICE
We take pride in providing high-quality services at competitive prices.
REAL DEAL CONTRACTORS
Our plumbers are licensed, bonded, and insured to handle your every need.